Saturday, November 19, 2005

Kitty Shitalot

An apple a day keeps the vet away ...



Especially when you've had bad runs like me before.

You see, it's stressful being a kitten, and it is even more stressful moving to a new home, getting used to new furniture, new smells and two towering human beings whom you've met only a few hours ago. It was really daunting. Papa and Mama tried to make me feel at home with TLC -- caressing me and talking to me to soothe my nerves.



To cut a long story short -- I had very bad diarrhoea on my first day at home. Definition of bad: running to the litter box (that is if I make it there in time) once every 1-2 hours. It got so bad that by late evening, there were blood stains in my stools, and Mama's face turned -- [Upmusic please] A Whiter Shade of Pale. She decided that this could not go on forever (by then I had already done my business in the hall, kitchen and toilet, what can I say -- when you've got to let go, you've got to let it go). So we headed for the A&E at Mount Pleasant Animal Hospital, where the vet gave me a jab. Mama's face turned two shades lighter than my curry-like poop when she saw the bill - S$100. Crappy.



Cat quote of the day:
My husband said it was him or the cat ... I miss him sometimes ....
- Unknown

No comments: